Last week, the Laravel team unveiled version 10.26, featuring a newly introduced search functionality for the Artisan vendor:publish command, noteworthy enhancements in array cache expiration handling, and more.
While this week's release may be relatively modest in scale, it brings a significant improvement to the vendor:publish command, streamlining the process of locating providers and tags with ease. Additionally, Laravel has received important bug fixes and a few reversions, culminating in the release of Laravel 10.26.2. We extend our gratitude to both the Laravel team and the community for their invaluable contributions!
Allow Searching on the vendor:publish prompt
Jess Archer's Contribution: Enhanced Filtering for Quick Provider and Tag Selection in the vendor:publish Command. Plus, Effortless All Selections via Dropdown Menu:
Ensure array cache considers milliseconds
In Laravel 10.25, Tim MacDonald introduced an important update to guarantee the expiration of array cache driver values at their designated expiry times. Unfortunately, there were initial testing challenges associated with this update, leading to a temporary reversion. However, with the release of Laravel 10.26, these issues have been fully resolved. We strongly recommend upgrading to the latest Laravel 10.26 version if you've encountered any inconsistencies with the array cache driver. We extend our gratitude to Tim MacDonald for diligently addressing and resolving these issues!
For more details on the updates related to this driver and its adherence to expiry times, you can refer to Pull Request #48573.
Below, you'll find the comprehensive list of new features and updates, as well as the GitHub diff between version 10.25.0 and 10.26.0. The release notes provided below are directly sourced from the changelog:
- Revert "Hint query builder closures (#48562)" by @taylorotwell in https://github.com/laravel/framework/pull/48620
- [10.x] Fix selection of vendor files after searching by @jessarcher in https://github.com/laravel/framework/pull/48619
- [10.x] Convert Expression to string for from in having subqueries by @ikari7789 in https://github.com/laravel/framework/pull/48525
- [10.x] Allow searching on
vendor:publishprompt by @jessarcher in https://github.com/laravel/framework/pull/48586
- [10.x] Enhance Test Coverage for Macroable Trait by @salehhashemi1992 in https://github.com/laravel/framework/pull/48583
- [10.x] Add new SQL error messages by @magnusvin in https://github.com/laravel/framework/pull/48601
- [10.x] Ensure array cache considers milliseconds by @timacdonald in https://github.com/laravel/framework/pull/48573
- [10.x] Prevent
session:tablecommand from creating duplicates by @jessarcher in https://github.com/laravel/framework/pull/48602
- [10.x] Handle expiration in seconds by @timacdonald in https://github.com/laravel/framework/pull/48600
- [10.x] Avoid duplicate code for create table commands by extending new
Illuminate\Console\MigrationGeneratorCommandby @crynobone in https://github.com/laravel/framework/pull/48603
- [10.x] Add Closure Type Hinting for Query Builders by @AJenbo in https://github.com/laravel/framework/pull/48562
Thank you for reading this blog.
If you want to manage your VPS / VM Server without touching the command line go and Checkout this link. ServerAvatar allows you to quickly set up WordPress or Custom PHP websites on VPS / VM in a matter of minutes. You can host multiple websites on a single VPS / VM, configure SSL certificates, and monitor the health of your server without ever touching the command line interface.
If you have any queries or doubts about this topic please feel free to contact us. We will try to reach you.